AL$ Grant Funding
The AL$ Annual Meeting and the OLC Affordable Textbook Conference Follow Up
If you have not already filled in the meeting evaluation form for the AL$ meeting on January 29th, we would appreciate your feedback via the five questions on this online form. Please take 5 minutes to complete the survey by Friday, February 12.
Event resources include:
AL$ Coordinators' requested resources:
AL$ team follow up requests:
- Faculty Stipend Models:
- Several participants expressed a desire to learn from each other and review examples of past completed RFPs and campus stipend models from other campuses. If you are willing to share your past RFP and/or campus stipend model, please send them directly to Erin Walker (email@example.com) by Monday, February 12.
OLC Meeting Resources from January 30th
- Visit the Resource Center where you will find the attendee list as well as links to recommended reading materials (if provided) from the presenters. Presentation materials and archivist notes from each breakout session will be posted here as well.
Starting a new campus AL$ program? Looking to take your existing program to the next level?
Learn more about the Campus Coordinator’s Role
Planning Your AL$ Initiative
Starting a new campus AL$ program?
- Review the campus AL$ request for proposal
- Join the AL$ MERLOT Voices community to receive updates, connect with other campus coordinators, and contact the ALS team with questions.
- Complete the 2017 AL$ RFP and associated project plan
- Review the Getting Started Checklist for more helpful tips and resources
- Bookmark the Shared AL$ Coordinators Google drive folder
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Looking to take your existing AL$ program to the next level?
Here are a few tips:
- Download the available suite of AL$ marketing materials including:
- Workshop ideas and sample agendas
- AL$ brochure
- MERLOT brochure
- Website banners and logos
- Auxiliary and Bookstore Resource guide
- And more!
- Add a link inside your Learning Management System template that makes it easy for faculty to find AL$ resources
- Add a link to the Merlot database inside your Learning Management System template that makes it easy for students to find AL$ resources
- Work with your bookstore manager and librarians to coordinate professional development, training, marketing, and outreach programs to improve the adoption of free and lower cost digital course materials.
- Promote, use and link your AL$ website to the CSU Affordable Learning Solutions Website
- Highlight and support Free DIGITAL Desk-Evaluation-Review Copies
- Participate in a campus “AL$ day” organized with your bookstore and library Contact AL$ for more information.
- Add “How to Use eTextbooks” to your library’s Information Literacy program Contact AL$ for more information.
- Read and Distribute AL$ Newsletters
- Learn more about the potential the Immediate Access / Inclusive Access Initiatives on your campus
- Add An OER (Open Educational Resources) Search Widget To Any Web Page
It's free, fast and simple to put OER search on your personal, professional or commercial Web site.